I am a practising Chartered Legal Executive, having been admitted as a Fellow in February 2006.
I currently work in-house for 2.5 days, with client work taking up my remaining 2.5 days.
I support Kiva – loans that change lives. Click here to visit my lending page.
Jen Wiss-Carline : Curriculum Vitae
April King Legal – in-house – 2016 – Present
Private client legal work, online and offline marketing.
Angel Digital Marketing – February 2006 – Present
Digital marketing including copywriting, website design, WordPress development, commerce / Woocommerce, SEO, email campaigns, PPC, social media, graphic design, video editing, PHP/MySQL, general management, business and marketing consultancy.
Associate Lecturer, Open University Law School – 2006
Tutoring students part time for their LL.B (year 1).
Freeth Cartwright LLP – 2004 – Dec 2005
Initially I worked in the Commercial Property department before moving to the Civil Litigation department.
Freelance web design and development – 2001 – 2006
Before taking over the Angel brand, I provided freelance web design and copywriting services on a part time basis.
Young & Pearce Solicitors – 2000 – 2004
Residential conveyancing – plot sales, residential freehold sales and purchases, leasehold sales and purchases. I also assisted on some commercial sales and purchases.
Other experience – 1994 – 2000
I worked in various temporary and contract roles for companies including Massers Solicitors, Omega Furse, NT Voice and Data, Elizabeth Michael Recruitment, Nottingham Coronary Office, Thorn Baker Recruitment, and Neway & Eyre.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives – admitted February 2006, specialising initially in Conveyancing.
- Company Law and Practice (OU/Undergraduate) – 2007
- Level 6 additional Single Subject Diploma in Civil Litigation (CILEX) – 2005
- LL.B (Bachelor of Law) with First Class Honours – 2004
- Diploma in English Law – 2003
- MBA Stage 1: Management: Perspectives and Practice (Postgraduate/Merit) – 2010
- MySQL training – 2012
- Zend Web Development – 2010
- User stories for Agile development – 2010
- Computing – An Object Oriented Approach (OU/Undergraduate) – 2002
- Maths for Science (OU/Undergraduate) – 2009
- Philosophy and the Human Situation (OU/Undergraduate) – 2004
- Crime, Order and Social Control (OU/Undergraduate) – 2004
- Using Mathematics (OU/Undergraduate) – 2000
- Exploring Mathematics (OU/Undergraduate) – 2000
- Various courses in customer service and telecommunication technology